The Washington DC area provides many opportunities to study Tae Kwon Do and other martial arts. We expect that you will consider carefully before selecting a school for yourself or your children. You should certainly consider how well you will interact with the instructors and students of a particular school, as well as whether the style, rigor, and discipline of the particular school are right for you. Here are some of the factors that we believe set Yong Studios apart:
- Traditional teaching. Yong Studios teaches a traditional style of Tae Kwon Do (Chung Do Kwan), using traditional forms and methods. A strong connection with the traditional roots of a martial art ensures that values such as integrity, respect, and discipline are not lost.
- Yong Studios founder, Master Kim, is a native Korean. He was born in Seoul, capital of South Korea, and studied under and taught for Grandmaster Jhoon Rhee and Master Dongju Lee. His lineage traces back to Grandmaster Won Kuk Lee, who represents the beginning of Chung Do Kwan. Master Kim holds the ranks of 6th Degree Black Belt. He earned his undergraduate degree in Behavioral Sciences – Economics from the University of Maryland.
- Master Kim is also at the forefront of contemporary teaching of Tae Kwon Do in the United States. He has taught martial arts in America for over 20 years. He has taught many police, secret service agents and other law enforcement personnel. He has taught over 10,000 students. He is a master at teaching children. He has taught children of every age and ability level, and children with many behavioral problems and learning disabilities. All of the instructors at Yong Studios were personally trained by Master Kim.
- Number of classes. Yong Studios is a full time Martial Arts school. We offer many classes, more than most other Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Aikido and other martial arts studios in the DC metropolitan area. This gives you the ability to structure your classes around your existing schedule, and to fit in more classes to accelerate your progress. We also offer yoga and chi gung classes to balance your training. See our class schedule for more information.
- Location. Yong Studios is located right at the Tenley Metro station, easily accessible by Metro, bus, or car. Of course dedicated students will always find a way to get to class, but few people are dedicated all during their studies. Sometimes convenience will make the difference during periods when schedules seem to crowd out your classes.
- Contract flexibility. Some schools prefer to lock students into long-term contracts. While they may claim this is to weed out uncommitted students, it is often done for business reasons. We believe that our students will keep coming to classes, not because they are locked into a contract, but because Tae Kwon Do is having a positive effect on their lives. Therefore, we offer a monthly payment schedule, allowing you to study with us without locking yourself in. If you visit our studio, you will find many people who have been coming for years, because they love it.
We don’t claim to be the right school for every student. But we do offer many advantages, and believe that if you are serious about finding a place to study martial arts, you would do well to visit us and compare. We believe we have a great atmosphere, composed of hard work, discipline, fun, and reward. Please drop by and see if you would like to share in that atmosphere.